If you got small ears, you know the discomfort wearing most earbuds poses for you. Either too much pressure built up resulting in quick use fatigue or they simply don’t enter your ear canal.
This is why I put together this list of the most comfortable earbuds for small ears:
Buying Guide: How to choose the most comfortable earbuds for small ears
These are the top 3 characteristics we’ll consider to determine the most comfortable earbuds for small ears:
Finding earbuds that actually fit is complicated when one has small ears. A quick way of knowing if your earbuds have the right fit is if you don’t get a consistent experience: sometimes they sound perfectly fine and other times they sound off, seemingly at random. This indicates your earbuds are not the right fit for your ears.
Typically, the earbuds with the biggest tips that can fit in your ear are preferred: they’ll reduce the most outside noise and will actually stay in place when working out, but it all comes down to your personal preference.
In order to test for a good fit, play the same song on different sizes of earbuds and determine which has the best sound quality to you. That’s the right fit for you.
If you have small ears and most earbuds hurt after a little while, you’re not alone. Most people with small ears experience this too, so it’s one of the most important metrics to consider when buying earbuds.
In order to test for fatigue, wear different sizes of earbuds until each one hurts and take the time. The earbuds that you tolerate the longest are the most comfortable ones.
We’ll analyze earbuds for all budgets, ranging from $75 upwards to $250.
|#||Most Comfortable Earbuds For Small Ears||Price|
|1||Beats Studio Buds|
|2||Soundcore By Anker Life P3|
|3||Apple Airpods Pro|
|4||Bose QuietComfort Earbuds II|
Which are the most comfortable earbuds for small ears?
The Beats Studio Buds include 3 eartip sizes, making them a perfect choice if you don’t yet know the right fit for your ears. Try all three of them and find the one that provides the best sound experience and is most comfortable to wear during extended periods of time, that’s the right fit for you.
Controls for pairing and volume control are intuitive and simple, although definitely more seamless in iOS than in Android. Beats has a close relationship to Apple, so controls, device status and firmware updates are built-in in iOS and available in Android via the Beats App.
- 3 sizes of eartips included
- Active Noise Cancellation & Transparency Mode
- Sweat and Water Resistant
- Apple H1 Chip
- 8 hours listening time, 24 hours with charging case
- Colors: black, pink, red, white, moon gray, ocean blue
- Not recommended for running on going to the gym as they may slip if you’re not wearing the right fit
- Charging case doesn’t show the charge percentage of the earbuds
These earbuds actually have a test in the soundcore app for best ear tip size for your ears, perfect if you’re a bit lost on which size is the best fit for you.
While they’re the budget-friendly option in this list, they offer excellent noise absorption capabilities with its 3 modes of active noise cancellation: transport, outdoor and indoor. Additionally, these earbuds have 6 microphones with an AI algorithm that filters out background noise so your voice sounds clear.
- 5 sizes of eartips included
- Active Noise Cancellation with 3 modes: transport, outdoor, indoor
- Test for best ear tip size in app
- Budget friendly
- 10 hours listening time, 50 hours with charging case
- Colors: black, coral red, navy blue, oat white, sky blue
- Not intuitive touch controls
The Apple airpods 3 are considered the most comfortable earbuds for small ears due to their open design. Most people can wear them continuously from full charge until battery dies out.
Functionality is built-in in iOS and connectivity with apple products is seamless.
The only thing is that since these follow a one-size-fits-all approach, these earbuds may feel like they’re going to fall out for people with bigger ears.
- Most comfortable earbuds
- Active Noise Cancellation
- Battery status functionality built-in in iOS
- Sweat and water resistant
- Apple H1 Chip
- 6 hours listening time, 30 hours with charging case
- Only white color
- Sound leak due to open design
The Bose QuietComfort Earbuds II are the deluxe option in this list, but they do make up for the price in quality.
They’re considered the earbuds with the best active noise cancellation and are designed with comfort in mind. They include 3 sizes of eartips so you can test each one and find the one that fits you best, along with 3 stability bands made of soft silicone so your earbuds stay in place.
- 3 sizes of eartips included
- Best Active Noise Cancellation
- 3 stability bands included
- 6 hours listening time, 24 hours with charging case
- Colors: triple black, soap stone
- Most expensive option in this list
I hope this guide has helped you find the most comfortable earbuds for you. Small ears certainly pose a challenge when looking for earbuds, but with the right ones you can enjoy your music to its fullest potential.